CPAT Regional Sites & Monuments Record
PRN 42071 - Estate farm building at Gellidywyll
NGR :- SN8888198767 (SN89NE)
Listed Building 18124 (II )
Unitary authority :- Powys
Community :- Llanbrynmair
Prefered site type :- 20th century - Farm building (Building - Intact )
The following is from Cadw's Listed Buildings database
The building is located at the end of a short branch off the road to Rhiwgen, immediately beyond and below the former farmhouse of Gellidwyll.
Built c.1900-1910 by the Winteringham Stable Estate to replace older farm buildings on the site, as part of the estate's adopted policy of bringing the estate farms of the district up-to-date.
A long range of cow-houses, rubble stonework with a timber framed upper level infilled with highly fired red brick on edge. Slate roof. Five bays, gabled at each end. Timber stable doors and paned ventilating windows, and doors to tallet in gables.
Interior has brick cross walls dividing the building into bays, with fodder storage in the tallet above.
Included as a well detailed example of the improved agricultural buildings provided by the Estate, and important to the setting of the adjoining house Gellidwyll.
Cadw Listing database , 2000 , ,
record created 25/09/01
The above data are supplied by CPAT in partnership with its Local Authorities and the partners of END, © CPAT SMR partnership, 2003 (and in part © Crown, 2003)
CM - 15/11/03 ( 21:55:14 ) - HTML file produced from CPAT's Regional SMR
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, Curatorial Section, 7a Church Street, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DL.
tel (01938) 553670 , fax (01938) 552179, email firstname.lastname@example.org , website www.cpat.org.uk