CPAT Regional Sites & Monuments Record
PRN 32599 - Coed Cae
NGR :- SH9041802603 (SH90SW)
Listed Building 18115 (II )
Unitary authority :- Powys
Community :- Llanbrynmair
Prefered site type :- Post Medieval ? - House (Building - )
The following is from Cadw's Listed Buildings database
The farmhouse is located approximately 600m S of the centre of the village, and is set with its left gable to the road. The farm buildings lie to the N.
The present building appears to date from the early C19, perhaps related to increased prosperity in the locality following the turnpiking of the Caersws to Machynlleth road in 1821.
Rubble stonework with slate roof. Two storeys and a cellar under the NE bay, and a lower 2-storey rear service wing to the left bay, with a gable stack. The main block is of 3 bays, with a central 4-panelled door, the upper panels glazed, and plain
overlight, and 16-paned sash windows with heavy stone lintels. Large gable end stacks with weather stones stepping over the roof. Timber extension on rear wing.
Included as a well preserved example of an early C19 farmhouse of the Iaen Valley, which retains much of its original character and fabric.
Cadw Listing database , 2000 , ,
record created 19/04/94
, last updated 26/09/00
The above data are supplied by CPAT in partnership with its Local Authorities and the partners of END, © CPAT SMR partnership, 2003 (and in part © Crown, 2003)
CM - 15/11/03 ( 17:04:00 ) - HTML file produced from CPAT's Regional SMR
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, Curatorial Section, 7a Church Street, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DL.
tel (01938) 553670 , fax (01938) 552179, email firstname.lastname@example.org , website www.cpat.org.uk