CPAT Regional Sites & Monuments Record
PRN 26733 - Pennant Pandy
NGR :- SN879975 (SN89NE)
Unitary authority :- Powys
Community :- Llanbrynmair
Prefered site type :- Post Medieval - Woollen mill (Building - Damaged )
Former woollen mill now converted into a house (Houghton-Browne, A 1977).
Pandy 'r Pennant is now a house just above the confluence of Afon Fachdre and Afon Twymyn. The pandy must have drawn its water from the Afon Fachdre. It had ceased work as a pandy by at least the mid nineteenth century. It is mentioned by Richard Williams
in his 'History of Llanbryn-mair' as 'Pandy', owned by Sir John Conroy and occupied by A.P. Howell (R.Williams, Montgomeryshire Collections 19 (1886), 111).(Barton P.G,1999,53).
Barton, P G , 1999 , "A history and conspectus of Montgomeryshire water corn mills ", The Montgomeryshire Collections 87 , 53 .
Houghton-Browne, A list , 1977 , ,
record created 16/01/96
, last updated 16/08/00
The above data are supplied by CPAT in partnership with its Local Authorities and the partners of END, © CPAT SMR partnership, 2003 (and in part © Crown, 2003)
CM - 15/11/03 ( 18:10:16 ) - HTML file produced from CPAT's Regional SMR
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, Curatorial Section, 7a Church Street, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DL.
tel (01938) 553670 , fax (01938) 552179, email firstname.lastname@example.org , website www.cpat.org.uk