CPAT Regional Sites & Monuments Record
PRN 42075 - Dol-fach milestone
NGR :- SH9101401846 (SH90SW)
Listed Building 18130 (II )
Unitary authority :- Powys
Community :- Llanbrynmair
Prefered site type :- 19th century - Milestone (Structure - Intact )
The following is from Cadw's Listed Buildings database
Located in the grassed verge near the N end of the layby on the NW end of the hamlet of Dol-fâch.
Milestone, erected c. 1821 for the turnpike trust on the road from Newtown to Machynlleth.
A square section pillar of hard sandstone, approximately 1m high, rough hewn at the back, and inscribed facing the road 16 / NEWT / MACH / .. It is overpainted on the front and NW side.
Included as one of the very few milestones to survive modern roadworks along the length of this turnpike.
Cadw Listing database , 2000 , ,
, last updated 01/09/2004
The above data are supplied by CPAT in partnership with its Local Authorities and the partners of END, © CPAT SMR partnership, 2004 (and in part © Crown, 2004 - as indicated)
CM - 08/09/2004 ( 14:39:30 ) - HTML file produced from CPAT's Regional SMR
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, Curatorial Section, 7a Church Street, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DL.
tel (01938) 553670 , fax (01938) 552179, email firstname.lastname@example.org , website www.cpat.org.uk